You’re invited to join the Embassy of Switzerland in the U.S. for the Swiss Film Club celebrating the Week of Italian Language!
You’re invited to join the Embassy of Switzerland in the U.S. for the next edition of the 2022 Swiss Film Club, featuring the documentary I Am Not Old Enough (Non ho l’età) in honor of the Settimana della lingua italiana. The film will be shown with English subtitles.
Non ho l’età (I Am Not Old Enough) follows four families and their relationship to a song that touched a generation of immigrants. Carmela, Don Gregorio, Gabriella, and Lorella have never met but they have a lot in common. In the mid 60’s, at the peak of a great migratory wave, they arrived in Switzerland, where they lived during sometimes difficult years while listening to the young Italian pop singer, Gigliola Cinquetti. Her famous song “Non ho l’età (per amarti)” [“I’m not old enough (to love you)”], found its way into the hearts of Italian emigrants around the world. A symbol of the Italy they left behind, Cinquetti became an object of veneration, receiving thousands of fan letters. Four of these letters tell the stories of our protagonists
Participation in the Swiss Film Club is simple:
- Register here to receive exclusive, complimentary access to the film. The earlier the better! (Please note: Even if you have registered for past editions, you must register again.)
- Registrants will receive a message from Eventbrite with access to the link to view the film once it is available. You must be logged into Eventbrite to access the link.
- Watch the film anytime between Wednesday, October 19, at 9:00am ET and Wednesday, October 26, 2022, at 11:59pm ET.
- After you watch, send your questions and points for discussion to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Swiss Film Club: Settimana 2022.”
- Watch a recorded discussion, available starting October 26, 2022 with the film’s director, Olmo Cerri, to learn more about the film.
*Please note: The film will be available for streaming exclusively in the U.S. You will receive a confidential link allowing you to view the film – please do not share this link with others, as it is for registrants only.
Enjoy the film!